synchronize clocks?

Discussion in 'Software' started by rollinsmp, Mar 1, 2006.

1. rollinsmp

rollinsmp Private E-2

Hi,
    I set the task scheduler to run a few programs each day- Spybot, Adaware etc, but I see it has not happened. I looked in the Administrative logs and saw an error message that the programs could not start because the clocks were not synchronized? How do I fix this. Thanks

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Try this:

On the affected machine, open a command prompt. Type 'w32tm /resync /rediscover' (without the quotes) This command will sync the local machines time according to your W32time architecture.

Or, if you do not use the w32time service, you can sync the clock with another machine by issuing the command 'net time \\remotecomputer /set /yes', where remotecomputer is the name of the computer you would like to sync with.

3. rollinsmp

rollinsmp Private E-2

got the response" windows cannot find w32tm /resync /rediscover" and am using a stand alone computer.

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Is your system time accurate?

If not, double-click time (bottom-right hand corner), then select Internet Time tab and click Update Now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds