Syncing Google and Outlook Calendars

Discussion in 'Software' started by shooter, Jan 25, 2010.

1. shooter

shooter Private First Class

So for about the last two years, I've used a Gmail account as my primary work email, as spam, etc, was so bad.

The other day, out of the blue, boss tells me I *have* to start using my work account (MS Outlook).

I have become accustomed/spoiled to my Google Calendar, so I decided to look for a way to keep it, and just sync it w/ my Outlook calendar.

I found the following links, but they're mostly older, and I just wanted to check and see if this still reflected current practice, or if someone here would be like "Oh no, man... that is so six months ago, use/do this instead."

It would appear I have two main options:

Either:

1. subscribe to my Google Calendar from within Outlook, and just remember to make all new appointments in Google, or
    2. download and install Google Calendar Sync, and then set up two-way synchronization.
    Am I missing anything here?

Thanks in advance. Here are the articles in question:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds