syncronizing software

Discussion in 'Software' started by keyser318, Mar 22, 2010.

1. keyser318

keyser318 Private First Class

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for some software (preferably free) that would help me sync a specific folder between a desktop computer and my laptop. Does anyone know if there is software to do this? Most of the files are excel and word files.

Thanks!

Keyser

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

What operating systems? Are the machines networked?

Vista and Win7 come with the Synch center that might be configured to do this for you, but only if we get the right answers to the above questions. :)

3. keyser318

Oh yeah sorry I forgot to mention that. The laptop is Windows XP pro and the desktop is windows 2000.

Thanks,

Keyser

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Are we synching across a network, or some other medium, like a USB stick, or an external drive?

5. keyser318

across the network. Sorry I didn't answer the question before. I am running on little sleep. :)

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

7. keyser318

Yes I have the folders shared. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds