System Configuration Utility and Norton

Discussion in 'Software' started by jarcher, May 8, 2006.

1. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

I just have the 2 problems. The one is for the Nortons. When I start the system up it comes with that message " Nortons AntiVirus 2005 does not support the Repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall." When I close the dialog box it comes up with some other message (something like Windows install) - I close it out and it comes up with it again I close it and then the it continues to boot the rest of the system and Nortons seems to be OK. I even tried doing a manual Live Update and it works - go figure.

The other problems is again when rebooting it comes up with that System Configuration Utilty. I am in normal mode - and have not put the system restore back -- it's still disabled. When I did that in the diagnostic startup it messed up everything. I am back to normal mode. How do I get that mesage off. I have hit the check back on the that message and each time it come up when I reboot.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds