System Crash: Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Software' started by Twistid, May 30, 2006.

1. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

I was currently trying to boot into safe mode so I could do disk cleanup and a defrag (both done through a batch file .cmd extension (i made it myself). I also was attempting to boot into safe mode so I could give my newly wiped hard drive a good scan for any infected objects (spyware/viruses/malware). The problem is that it kept pausing when I tried it the first time at agp.sys by pressing f8. It wouldn't load so I turned the computer off and tried again and continued to that for 3 times and decided that I should try another way, so I boot it in regular mode and i go into msconfig and select the safeboot. I restart my computer and wait for a while for the monitor to change to the safe mode thing for my ATI card. Finally it finishes after going to another room for 5 minutes. Then I attempted to do the diskcleanup and while it was doing the disk cleanup for my usb drive the blue screen came up and showed this code: 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x863c1020, 0x863c1194, 0x0604450). So I restart and try to get back to the safe mode and then i get another blue screen that shows the code: 0x000000ed (0x8675fcb0, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Now everytime I'm trying to get it continue trying to boot up into safe made it keeps showing the second error code. Please help.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Boot to XP Cd, go to Recovery Console, and run chkdsk /r.

3. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

I put in chkdsk c: /r. This is telling chkdsk to check drive C instead of drive D/F? Drive C is where my windows is and drive D/F (Was drive F but some reason has seemed to change to D). For some reason it didn't give me an option for drive c when asked what windows drive to use.

4. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

When I attempted the check disk I got the following:

Chkdsk is checking the volume...
    Chkdsk is performing additional checking or recovery...
    75% completed
    The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems.

This is worrying me, please reply to this post ASAP as to what I can do.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Sounding like a hard drive failure...suggest you take it out, slave it in another computer, copy/save your important files, then put back and reformat.

6. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

Just to make sure that it is not a virus im gonna run the Ultimate Boot CD. If the boot cd can't figure anything out then i will do as suggested :).

7. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

Hard Drive not even recognizable to the Boot CD :(. Thanks for your helps guys! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds