System Crash: Kerio Personal Firewall?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Twistid, May 24, 2006.

1. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

Just recently I had my hard drive formatted due to ActiveX no longer working and Norton screwing up too. I was checking my email (Hotmail) and right after I pressed the delete button the screen went black and it began to dump memory (system crash). I restarted my computer and Kerio asked if I would like to notify them of this crash. I said no I didn't think that it was caused by Kerio so it didn't send them any info. I have recently updated hardware but there are no warning symbols in the device manager and I doubt that that would be the problem. The versions of Kerio I am using are: System Service 4.2.3, User Interface 4.2.3, Driver 4.2.5979, KFE API 4.2.2746, HIPS Driver 1.0.1807. The error code I got when the system crashed is: 0x0000000A (0x0000001C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x806FFA16).

2. XFalloutX

XFalloutX Private E-2

What operating system are you running on? I'm gonna say that Kerio had nothing to do with the crash. Has it crashed since then or has it just been that one time?

3. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

Windows XP. Well before I installed it it never crashed. Also, I just recently had to reinstall it so I could put the program into Advanced Mode instead of Simple Mode. The computer crashed again after the install (it didn't show the blue screen but the computer paused up and when I got back on after a restart it asked if i wanted to do a crash report, which I'm doing right now). When searching on google for the exact error code it showed a forum topic where someone also had Kerio.

4. XFalloutX

XFalloutX Private E-2

Can you think of any new programs you might have installed? Like a antivirus program.

might try taking everything out of startup except Kerio.
    Start > Run > Msconfig
    Then go to the Tab that says Startup and uncheck everything except Kerio. Then try to recreate the crash.

5. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

The programs I've installed since I've formatted my hd are: AIM (Aol Instant Messenger), ATI Control Panel, ATI Multimedia Center, Avast! Antivirus, Azureus, CCleaner, Soundblaster Audigy Soundcard Programs and Drivers, Epson Scanning Software and Drivers, Firetune for Firefox, Fasterfox, HP Printer Software and Drivers, Microsoft Office, Mozilla Firefox, Picozip, Dantz Retrospect, Kerio Personal Firewall, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Encoder, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, Adobe Reader, Bearshare, and Windows Defender. Since I've gotten on Hotmail again after the crash I haven't had any problems with anything, and the second time it happened was after I installed the program again (which is when it happened the first time). So there's no way I can figure of how to recreate the situation again unless I reinstall the program, and I don't plan on having to do that again so what would be the point of that? This is the only program I've installed with my new hd that I have never used before and all the other programs I have installed I've never had any problems with.

6. XFalloutX

XFalloutX Private E-2

The point of trying to recreate the crash is to pin point if one of your other programs is conflicting with it, but if it doesn't crash all the time then yea there is no point. If it keeps doing it I would suggest taking all programs out of startup. I noticed that Avast! has a special version for Kerio http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_for_kerio.html.
    Maybe your problem was just a fluck and won't happen again.

7. Twistid

Twistid Corporal

Ya it probably was. Thanks for your help though! If there is further problems I will post an update after trying to recreate the problem and trying out that special avast.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds