System died - memory and boot disk errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daemonchild, Jan 26, 2005.

1. daemonchild

daemonchild Private E-2

Hi,

I'm doing some research for work. My computer died at work. The PC runs on Windows 2000 O/S.

I was in the middle of typing in Excel when the system crashed saying that it was a "kernel memory error" and it was dumping the physical memory. When I tried rebooting it said it couldn't boot from the hard drive and it needed a system disk. We inserted the system recovery disk and it wouldn't let us recover the system due to hardware issues.

One, are these related or unrelated issues?

Two, is it worth getting the system fixed or is it best to go with a new one?

Thanks for your thoughts.

-Monica

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

It's most likely an issue with the Hard drive failing.

It could also be bad ram or a few other things but it's most likely an HD that has died.

3. daemonchild

daemonchild Private E-2

Hey, thanks for your reply!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds