System.ini?? Shuts off before loading windows.

Discussion in 'Software' started by lolli, Jul 13, 2004.

1. lolli

lolli Private E-2

Hey all, pleasse help, I've been trying to fix this all day, I could not access the internet till about an hour ago. Heres the problem. I had to do a registry back up with scanreg /restore. To a good "started" copy.. Every thing was fine.. when I restarted I get to the second windows screen and get some sort of "Error loading" message. What it is i cannot tell you, it flashes a second and shuts the computer down before you can read it. So, I get to safe mode, try the trouble shooter, says to try and do selective start up.. so I disable system.ini and the other ini. files.. well it seems to load correctly (sort of ) with all, but when system.ini is enabled, it continues to shut down before windows loading..... Heres the other problem, (stupidly) for hours after disabling the normal start up. I think i'm in safe mode... i mean hours on end, dumb da dumb dumb.. but my colors are messed up.. set to 16 at 640 X 480. I think thank God I got it.. I go to change it. 24 bit is missing, not an option, so i set it for 256 ( only other option besides 16 ) and no matter what i set it at, including 256 it always restarts in the same 16 mode, with messed up colors.

What can I do?

Thanks to all who reply in advance

Rhonda p.s maybe this has to do with RAM?? I dont know, refer to my previous post.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds