1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Interrupts?

Discussion in 'Software' started by HominSalem, Apr 30, 2012.

1. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

What is it & how do I fix It ???
  2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

What you mean lol we need more then just two words What windows you running and what are your Specs
  3. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

Thanks, I'm using Windows 7 W/ asus motherboard, i5 2500 CPU 16 gbits ram & a AMD Radion 6850 Graphics card. I'm getting a systems interrupt, Deferred procedure calls & hardware interrupts - It's using appr. 95% of one core - 22-23% of my CPU. ??
  4. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Do you have any thing that is running continuously in the back round Anti virus malwarebytes Ect
  5. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

Other than system programs, all I can think of is Norton.
  6. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's usually bad hardware or a bad driver causing 'lag', grabbing the CPU when it should be passing over to something useful ;)

LatencyMon and Resource Manager (from the TaskMan/Performance tab or Start > Run > Perfmon) are useful for tracking down the cause of this.

You have an ASUS 'board, uninstall any motherboard 'utilities' and check that your ATK0110 ACPI driver - if you have one - is later than 2005.
  7. HominSalem

HominSalem Private E-2

Thanks, Your tip about drivers seems to be where the problem was. I have all new hardware, so it was unlikely to be there. I have Driver Max Pro & appr. 20-25% of their driver downloads didn't work right. I guess I missed one! I used back-up to put all the originals back - seems to have solved it. Again, Thanks, Larry.