system lock up at shutdown

Discussion in 'Software' started by chrysler_jerry, Oct 23, 2005.

1. chrysler_jerry

chrysler_jerry Private E-2

I am having a strange problem that has been occuring now on a regular basis. I am running windows ME and using zone alarm as my fire wall. I also use antivar, DR. Spyware, along with spyblaster ccleaner to clean up spyware and malware on aty regular intervoles. I have run HJT and had major geeks review the log. All was good with my system.I am also up to date with all the micro soft windows updates to ME. However when I power down I get a blue screen (not the blue screen of death with an error message) but a pale blue screen. At that point the system hangs. I have to reboot to safe mode, run disk scan and then power down. The other think that will sometimes happen when I go though this process, is the next time I power up. Sometimes I get a message that my last power down of window was incorrect and I have to hit the radio bar on my screen to get back my desk top. Any ideas. I can supply any othere info you may need. I would like to thank anyone in advance for ant help.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds