System Processes Info, please

Discussion in 'Software' started by maggieboby, May 22, 2006.

1. maggieboby

maggieboby Private E-2

:confused: Other than "Process Explorer", I remember a while back (in fact I used it on my old computer thanks to this site) there was something out there that told you what system processes you REALLY needed and which ones you didn't.

I would like to do this again since I remember that when I used it before, it made my computer run impressively more efficient.

I'll "thank you" in advance -- since I know you guys are always here for me!! LOL

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

I don't know a program like this, but you don't really need one. Processes you don't need are easy to pick out. For example if you sort by username, the only process with your username which you need is explorer.exe. Everything else which is run under your account name can go. Of course typically speaking you'll want to keep some of it as a personal prefrence but nothing else is needed to boot and run windows normally.

There are of course other prosses which you most likely don't need under names like system. Although in most cases processes which run under system are goign to be related to your anti virus or other programs you typically want to keep. So it's best to sort through the ones under your name first.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Could possibly be that you read Black Vipers Service guide? which has a list of services and what they do, I would tho take care as no two PC setups are similar and thus disabling a service may stop your PC or something that relies on a particular service from running, so do make a note of anything you change.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds