system recovery D drive missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by optimus prime, Nov 3, 2009.

1. optimus prime

optimus prime Private E-2

Currently I did a system recovery, and just now I realized that my D drive is missing. How do I get the D Drive back ( which plays music and DVD Movies)
    This what shows up when I click my computer
    [​IMG]
    http://i36.tinypic.com/ris0vk.jpg

I do I get rid of presaro_RP (D:) and make it a D drive ( which plays music and DVD Movies)

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You want to keep D:presario_RP it is your recovery partition and you need it.

I believe what is missing is your CD/DVDROM device. Are you saying you don't see your disc drive for CDs and DVDs?

Can you tell us how you did the recovery? What were the steps? Did you use a CD or just special keyboard commands?

3. optimus prime

The stupid thing is I didt read the instrustions when I did the system recovery I used the CD that came with the computer ( this computer is pretty old now got it back in 2004). I want the presario_RP D: to say DVD drive.

and yes I don't see disc drive for CDs and DVDs

P.S I have windows XP

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

5. sach2

Yes, try those links. What you really want to end up with is C: for XP, D: for Recovery and E: for DVD.

Hi, Caliban :) What installer is the first link downloading? Is it an automatic fix?

6. optimus prime

I just did system restore and now I have a E drive which will play dvd and Music CDs I also installed Windows 7:major:-D

:banghead note to self always read the instructions then hit enter

7. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Good job, optimus...

Sach, I've seen that thing posted on several of the MS forums - guess they got tired of everybody always wanting to know how to clean up their filters, so they made a little app for it...

WTG, Bill Gates! ;)

8. sach2

Nice work Optimus! :)

Thanks for the info Caliban! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds