System Restore Suspended - "not enough free space". Wrong!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dmitry N, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Dmitry N

Dmitry N Private E-2

Hello all. Again: can anyone help with System Restore?
    It keeps getting suspended "as there is not enough free disk space".
    Sure space is plenty - over 1 gigabyte on every drive.
    I am sure I didn't touch the System Restore Directory.

This started after SP2 was installed. Both at work and at home. Hardware is absolutely different. What might be the damn issue?

Thanks.

2. ajupin

ajupin Private E-2

Here are a couple articles pertaining to your issue, the text below them is from the second article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=299904

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300044

How can I adjust how much space System Restore uses on my disk?

Answer: To adjust the amount of space System Restore uses on a disk, go to the Control Panel ('Start > Control Panel') and double click the 'System' icon. Then click on the 'System Restore' tab on the system applet. Depending on your disk setup use the following instructions:

If you have just a single partition on your system: You can adjust the space system restore uses on the disk by moving the slider on this page left (to decrease space usage) or right (to increase space usage. The maximum space usage is 12% and is the default.

If you have a multiple partitions on your system or multiple disks: Click on the drive you want to adjust in the available drives section on the System Restore page and then click the settings option. You can then adjust the space system restore uses on that drive by moving the slider to the left (to decrease space usage) or right (to increase space usage). The maximum space usage is 12% and is the default. Repeat for each drive as necessary.

3. Dmitry N

Dmitry N Private E-2

Sorry but I am of course aware of this :) I said: all drives have PLENTY of free space. And the size of the "System Volume Information" folders is a lot less than I limited SR to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds