system roll back: how do you do that?

Discussion in 'Software' started by anvilring, Nov 30, 2007.

1. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

I have a logitech mouse for my dell laptop (all WAS well...) and then, downloaded some new software/drivers for it so's to use the "tilt" feature of the wheel. Now my mouse pad on the laptop is all screwed up! I have to use the left click to execute. How do I roll back the system to get rid of my problem? After of course, I uninstall the new software. Or is there some small something I'm missing?

regards, mitch

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What OS?

3. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

Sorry, Windows XP home edition. Another odd thing; now when I plug a USB memory stick into the same port the mouse was plugged into, (like to retrieve photos...) the machine no longer opens a dialogue box.

what have I done?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

To "roll back" the PC you need to use the system restore feature. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and follow the on screen prompts and answer the questions....

5. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

Thanks, I'm gonna try it!

6. anvilring

anvilring Private E-2

Ok, that didn't work. How could my laptop's mouse pad get screwed up? and, how can I fix it? I can move the cursor just fine its just that I can't tap the pad to execute as usual; insted I have to use the left clic button below and to the left of the touchpad. How can I fix this? And of course the USB port won't recognize an different device now when you plug one in it; I, my machine, only has one. Its a Dell insperion 8600.

I found this page:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...=INS_PNT_P4M_8600&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

what driver should I use to update my mousepad? or more importantly I guess, my USB driver/drivers? If there is such a thing.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Under mouse and keyboard, there is one item listed Alps which applies to the glide point and stick pointer. Use that one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds