System startup order for wireless?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robblue2, Aug 27, 2008.

1. robblue2

robblue2 Private E-2

So I've been given a new laptop by my company recently. I occasionally leave it at home with the hopes of accessing it remotely. I typically can VNC to my desktop then VNC to the new laptop through that VNC session, but the problem is that I turn it off at night and power it on before I leave in the morning. As company policy, I have to have a password on the laptop, but there lies the problem. XP loads up to the password screen, but does not load the service or software (not sure what is responsible for wireless connectivity during startup), so I cannot VNC to laptop. Is there any way I can have the service or software load up along with the password prompt?

The Laptop is a Dell-D820. It has the Embassy Security Suite with Fingerprint or Password Authentication enabled; not sure if that's relevant. I also use Dell's Wireless Network Utility, but I can easily use the one built in to XP if it matters.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds