System Tray - Missing Icons

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sig, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Sig

Sig Private E-2

Windows XP Home with all latest patches.

After booting up to the desktop most of the icons are not visable in the system tray.
    The Task Manager shows that the Processes have started and they all work.

The problem is that I can only acess two of the "missing" programs by right-clicking their icon from the System Tray. As they are not in the tray, I have a BIG problem.

Where possible I have opened the "missing" program's config and re-ticked 'show in system tray'. However, each time I reboot they are missing again.

The problem seems to have started when I began my home network and enabled ICS.

The problem machine is the one that obtains its DNS and I think that as this process takes a few seconds, and the startup stalls a little here, that it may have something to do with my problem.

As this is affecting several programs I am sure that it is not related to the programs themselves.

Shows in Tray:
    Norton Antivirus
    Zonealarm
    Realtek Audio

Does NOT Show in Tray:
    InCD
    Ram Idle LE
    MS Messenger
    Logitech Joystick Profiler
    MSI Liveupdate

2. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

Have you tried right clicking the system tray /properties / customize. You can choose what icons you want to see

click on the icon . It will give you the options

Hide when inactive
    Always hide
    Always show

hope this helps

3. Sig

Sig Private E-2

Yip, tried that as well. No luck. :confused:

4. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

5. Sig

Sig Private E-2

Thanks, I will give it a try. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds