System32 folder popping up at startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by shazmondo, Jul 10, 2006.

1. shazmondo

shazmondo Private E-2

Hi all;

I've got a Win XP machine, and since the weekend I have the system32 folder popping whenever I log on.

Apparently the problem occurs if programs, or spyware is not removed correctly.

I've done a bit of searching, and followed the instructions in this thread. I do still get the system32 folder on logon at the moment.

Here is the contents of the runkeys file that was created by the runkeys.bat file.

I hope someone can help further, thanks in advance.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try the fix from Kellys-Korner.

It's #260 on the righthand side here, http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
    click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

Steve

3. shazmondo

shazmondo Private E-2

Thanks; but I've just done it andthe script ends with the following error
    "The script cannot repair your issue. The expected registry value was not found".

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

5. shazmondo

shazmondo Private E-2

Thanks for that. I'll try that after I finish installing IEBeta3 :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds