Tabbed Browsing on Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Akumos, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Akumos

Akumos Private E-2

Hi

I have a Dell Inspition 1525. When I first bought it I could open new tabs in Firefox or IE by clicking both mousepad buttons at the same time (As you do with a normal mouse using the scroll wheel). However, since reinstalling Windows I can no longer do this. Is this a setting that needs changing or a driver problem? If anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks
    Ak

2. Tater

Tater Tot

I know with Firefox you can open your bookmarks, right-click on the one you want and click "open in new tab".

For IE, you might just need to upgrade to the newest version.
    I hope this helps.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Sorry I can't help with the mouse to get a new tab. The way I open a new blank tab in FF is to hold down ctrl and press T. The way I open a link in a new tab is to hold down the ctrl key while clicking on the link.

Did you perhaps have an addon that allowed you to use both mouse buttons to get a new tab?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. oma

oma MajorGeek

Haven't got a clue either but did you have a look at the settings of your mouse properties?

5. Akumos

Akumos Private E-2

Yeah I've tried the mouse properties. Anyway, holding Ctrl isn't too bad I'll just use that. Thanks everyone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds