Taking over daughters computer to help

Discussion in 'Software' started by avondude, Jan 13, 2010.

1. avondude

avondude Senior Member, 25% Off All Posts

I used to use, Instant Housecall" to take over my daughters computer to help---cannot get it to work anymore---tried uninstalling and reinstalling---any suggestions on another free and VERY EASY TO USE program would be deeply appreciated---thanks in advance---I have XP---she has Vista

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

TeamViewer should help. Works over internet or LAN.

3. avondude

WOW---just saw their homepage you gave me---looks awesome---will read up on it and probably use it---it's gotta be simple for a simple mind like mine---looks like this fits the bill---thank so much---DJ

4. Earthling

It's very straightforward and works faultlessly. Amazing what they give away these days!

5. avondude

this is the , "BOMB",---works beautifully---thanks again!---DJ

6. avondude

OMGoodness---this site just blows me away---I am in Reno, Nevada, USA---and in just a few minutes got an answer to my question from a guy in the UK---what?---half way around the world???---so amazing to me---I am almost sixty---never saw a computer until 10 years ago---am an avid reader and studier of Major Geeks---am on every day learning of people's problems and how you amazing people solve them---this is my third computer---and because of people like you and what I read here I am actually able to help others---for an old guy like me this is very exciting!!!

7. Earthling

That's just a great attitude to have. You have the two essential attributes for this game - an enquiring mind and plenty of time on your hands!

Mind you Acronis can be pretty helpful too! ;)

8. avondude

Plenty of time on my hands????---LOL---I still work 40- 60 hrs per week---am not one of those retirement kinds---think that would kill me---idle hands---idle time---not good for me!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds