1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk about the touch..I want one

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigtrucks, Aug 6, 2009.

1. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Long story short Had a cable repair tech out today for my phone/internet problem. gotto talking about, that's right computers. He told me his best friend found and bought one of these off ebay for $800.00 The tech was telling me all its quilities and that it had 32GBRam and 13Terrabytes(not sure if I spelled it right) of Hard Drive. That's a lot of Hard ware to Drive. :p Any way I found this on You tube thought for those like me that were green about might be interested to see the new world.

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

I'd LOVE to check that one out, BT, but will have to wait until I get into town. It is toooo big for me to download now on my DUN, but will watch it in town... That will be on my to-do list, for sure..... ;)
  3. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

I'm sorry TeeCee What DUN do you have that is that slow?
  4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

It is a Dial-Up-Network, and U-Tube videos won't play like normal.. I can download them with "Free Download Manager", but the large ones take forever to load, so I save them for when I am downtown, and use the hi-speed computer at the library.... I can download the smaller ones tho... Also, when the connection is slow, it really bytes, but when it is really good, it doesn't take so long... thanks!;)
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey $800 is great as they normally go for $15000, but then most folk wont like them as the backend is Vista ;)

Did get to play with one last year and hopefully will get more time with one at MSFT UK this year, Surface is neat and the future, I think personally the future of family computing. Surface has been around for a while (pre 2007 but gained its first unveiling in 2007 at D5 conference) but is taking off more in retail and service industries like Las Vegas, I hope to convince MSFT that it also would be good in medicine.

Do review the videos http://www.microsoft.com/surface/