Tascam Us-144: Audio Software Can't Hear Mic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ms Peel, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Ms Peel

Ms Peel Private E-2

PC with Win7, 64bit
    Tascam US-144 usb audio interface
    Shure Super 55 mic

I've been recording into Adobe Audition and using Skype with a little Samson Go-mic (usb) for about a year with no problem. Just upgraded to a nice audio interface (if older) and a dynamic microphone. It's all set up with new firmware and drivers, mic is plugged into R xlr jack and I can hear it just fine in my headphones, and the computer hears the input as well because I see the readout in the sound manager on the PC. Unfortunately, neither Skype nor Audition can hear anything. I can receive Skype sound through the box to my headphones, but the signal from the mic is not recognized for some reason.

Help?

Thanks.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

3. Ms Peel

Ms Peel Private E-2

Update: downloaded asio4all and now have functionality with recording software like Audition and Soundbooth. Still can't get Skype to register input even though PC sees the input. Frustrating.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. Ms Peel

Ms Peel Private E-2

Thanks! I've pretty much done everything suggested in that article, unfortunately, just as I have in the article suggested by the previous poster (thanks to you, too!). It's going to be some bizarre thing, but can't figure out what.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds