taskbar clock problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by harry hu ha, Nov 3, 2004.

1. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

hey all i'm not even sure if the clock has anything to do with software but i didn't know what to post this under

well what my question is is that my clock can nevver keep the correct time it always switches by it self if adjust it it just messes up again is there anything to fix this problem or?

i'm running windows xp pro and have norton antivirus on auto protect at all times

if any one can help that would be great thanks all

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Try changing your Bios battery.

3. MechGeek

MechGeek Private First Class

if you know how to get into your bios do that next time you boot and check the time it has listed. If it is correct it isn't you bios, if it isn't correct try resetting it and rebooting. During reboot go back into your bios, if it is incorrect follow insomniacs advice. If it is correct time try the folowing steps.
    I noticed a similar problem on a machine I was working on. Turns out one of the programs that was loading at start-up was messing the clock up. I believe that it was a spyware or malware proggy, i don't remember exactly though.
    Boot in safe mode and see if it keeps the correct time.
    If so then you need to go through the programs that are starting using msconfig until you find the culprit. Unclick all the start-up programs then enable one at a time and reboot. Keep doing this till you find the one that messes your clock up.

Hope you can get it sorted out.

4. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

thanks alot guys i'll try that

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds