Taskbar/toolbar Sizing tip

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ken3, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

I've looked around - just a little on Google -and didn't see this trick/tip, it makes sizing the toolbars (quicklaunch, links, desktop, etc.) in the taskbar real easy to adjust. It also works in the IE, and explorer toolbars as well - just make sure toolbars are unlocked - may work in other browsers - don't know. Should work with Win9x and above with IE 4.0 (with active desktop/shell enhance features) and above.

If you double-click the sizing handle (the vertical bar at the left side of the toolbar), the toolbar will adjust itself to the far left; double-click it again will adjust to the far right; double-click again and the toolbar will be fully expanded from the right. This is in a circular pattern, so if it doesn't go far left the first time, it will do one of the other actions.

This is a lot easier than than click and dragging the size handle - unless you need to do it this way.

I've recently discovered this when I "accidently" clicked my mouse wheel (set up for double-clicking) on the size handle one time. Before I found this, I was manually resizing to get things right. Now it's a snap :)

Here's to your taskbar health :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

:confused: Yeah sure, pun intended :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds