Teamspeak Overlay?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skull6, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Skull6

Skull6 Private E-2

I hope this is the proper place to post this.

My online clan wants me to download this & run it while using teamspeak in online games. They've given me the web address of http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/ to download it, but when I click the link to download the full install at the bottom of the page, I get the following error.

"ERROR: Download Denied

Your download has been denied because you linked to here from an external site, or your Browser did not send the HTTP Referer field in its request.

Certain Third-Party applications remove the HTTP Referer field, you should temporarily disable those applications if you wish to download Teamspeak Overlay
    "

I trust these team members, but I need this computer to continue working nicely for the family--homework & all, & anything like this sends up red flags for me.

I have NO idea which 3rd party software it means, but if it means something like spyblaster or NAV, I'm not going to get it.

Could you please help?

(editted for a spelling mistake--sry)

2. CyCro

CyCro Private E-2

The HTTP Referer is the information your browser sends to the web server every time you click on a link, it contains info about what page the click came from. Since the developers want the application's download link to be accessed from their site only, they block the download if the referer is missing. The 3rd party applications mentioned are download managers like FlashGet or GetRight, nothing to worry about that error message.

The problem is that your browser (which browser do you use, by the way?) fails to submit the referrer, for some reason. Could be your firewall blocking referers, or your browser security settings (not very likely). Ask someone from your clan to send you the TS Overlay via email, it's quite small. And it's a nice program indeed. Good luck. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds