Tech-in-a-Box...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Corporal Jarhead, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Corporal Jarhead

Corporal Jarhead Private First Class

OK, so I recently put a new slave harddrive on my system, and after I did, I decided to go to the extreme and do a factory restore so that I could reprogram and put everything where I want it on the system. It took me a while and was a lot of work, but I felt good about the results, and was looking forward to the better performance of the work I did.

Now that I have it set up the way I want, I want to back it up so it won't be a problem if an emergency, with the push of a button I can restore it back to the perfect setup I have created for myself. On my system from the factory, I have a backup system for that very purpose, called Tech-in-a -Box. One of the restoration choices is the backup record you can install after you are sure the system you have is finally right for you.

The backup system is a product of PowerQuest, and I think it is their Drive Copy program. when I rebooted to create the backup I got the Error Message "ERROR #91, Disk Manager has been detected on drive 1, but Disk Manager is not running. If you are booting from a floppy disk, reboot, press and hold the <Space Bar> key, when prompted, insert your boot floppy and continue booting. A run of the mill "OK" button, which when pushed resulted in the following further error message,"ERROR #87, Unable to initialize engine." Once again accompanied by the Usual "OK" button which when pushed resulted in what looked like the prompt command screen, with the initial entry of "A:/>" which I assume is refering to the floppy drive.

Not being able to get the program the proceed or quit, I had to use the reset button, and reboot.

After considerable thought, I decided that the system was finding the second harddrive and did not know where to proceed without the Disk Manager to set it up first. So, I disconnected the new harddrive and tried the program once more and the system went right to it but, What that means is I only have part of my programming backed up. I have no backup on the new harddive. So, I need some help here, finding out how to adjust the settings on my program so the disk manager comes online and does what the program expects it to.

I don't even know where this program is, or if it is a Windows standard item, or if it is a Systemax add on. So, do any of you know this porgram well enough to help me adjust it for the new parameters my system requires.

Also I would like to adjsut the system information to reflect my changes like the CD burner and DVD player I added to the system. I am reading every thing I can find on the Tech-in-a-Box Feature, but I still haven't gotten anyu answers as to how to adjust the programs to updated configurations. Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Thanx :rolleyes:

2. Corporal Jarhead

Corporal Jarhead Private First Class

Doesn't anyone know anything about this program? There has to be a way to adjust the settings for different configurations, surely.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds