telnet client

Discussion in 'Software' started by mysticscooby, Jan 29, 2006.

1. mysticscooby

mysticscooby Private E-2

Hi everyone. :) I'm back with a new problem. :eek: I now have this telnet things that comes up everytime I restart my computer that wasn't there before and I can't get rid of it. I downloaded what it told to, a sp2 plug in on the microsoft website but the window is still there. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this thing? It is making a mess of my computer, especially since I need to add memory but haven't had the $ yet. Someone please help...
    Thanks
    Christle

:confused:

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Try this:

Hit windows key + r (or click start --> run), and type 'msconfig' (without the quotes) and hit enter (or click OK). On the dialog that appears, select the startup tab. This is a list of all programs that run at system startup. One of these should correspond to the telnet window. If you can tell which one, uncheck it, and select apply. If not, uncheck them one by one, restarting the system each time, until you find the one that stops the window.

Also, if this is running without your knowledge, it could very well be a form of malware, as telnet is a remote contol application. I would HIGHLY recommend a visit to the malware forum, to ensure that your system is free from viruses, trojans, spyware, etc.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 (clean your system)
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44525 (protect your system)

Great reads.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds