Temperatures

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrianBakerOrlando, Oct 28, 2005.

1. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

P4 3.06-43C Idle
    inside the case Temp is 48C

the side of the frickin case is off and the temperature in my house at this moment is 72F WHAT THE F IS going on? and where is this sensor at that reads case temperatures? Read Below for info on my system if it helps you figure out whats going on.

2. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Yup 43C ambient is good, for all that anyways.. I get 26C ambient to 30C ambient on hot days. Anyways MotherBoard Monitor 5 is a great program that tells you your CPU temp, your case temp and your CPU diode temp.

3. mPK

mPK Private First Class

another good program is everest home edition. my temps sit around 40C idling and go up to about 50C or there abouts when gaming...

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

What cooling solutions have you got in your case?
    Then we can go from there...

5. BrianBakerOrlando

i have a RAIDMAX 901 XE ITS GOT A 120MM IN THE FRONT AND A 120MM IN THE REAR...thats it,and i can not and will not cut or port this case,other cases yes,but for me to hack away at this, for more fans isint going to happen..Simply because i will mess up the paint on the exterior,i know it will chip...GUESS I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH A REGULAR CASE WITH A simple paint job on the exterior..

6. BrianBakerOrlando

i know the CPU temp is ok,Its my Case Temperature im worried about,its really hot in there,and that heat will do nothing but make the cpu just as hot the longer the PC is left on,i could be wrong though voice your opinion im all ears my friend..

7. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Right now with 34C socket temp... my Case temp is 82F.... But your pentium would probably be either heating things up more, or its an incorrect reading...

8. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Lot's of hardware in your case generates lot's of Heat, CPU/Video card/HDD.
    CPU's Video cards & N & S bridges have Heat sinks, which if arnt installed properly & use good thermal paste, can generate exccesive heat, making an overall hotter system.
    Aftermarket products can improve all of the above.

The only way to rid your case of the heat thats generated is thru proper air flow, cool air in Hot air out.
    Cable management may help to achieve good proper airflow.

For your system ya might consider upgrading your 120mm fans with a couple that can push more CFM

9. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Given a case temp 5C above your CPU temp -- with the case side off -- I'd say that the case temp figure is more than a little suspect. The sensor diode may be miscalibrated, or is being misread by whatever software is collecting and reporting the data.

Your CPU temp seems quite reasonable.

I wouldn't expect a case temp to be more than 5-7C above room temperature unless airflow within the case in the vcinity of the sensor is really bad. Motherboard temp. might be 10C above room temp, but it would still be perhaps 10C below the CPU temp.

Right now, I've got:
    Ambient (room) temp: 22C
    Case exhaust temp: 27C
    Motherboard temp: 34C
    CPU temp: 45C

That's with my CPU fully loaded -- I'm running SETI@home in the background. Idle CPU temp would be about 41C. System details are below.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds