Temporary Windows Setup Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cesar, May 28, 2006.

1. Cesar

Cesar Private E-2

I told my brother to insert his windows cd into his computer so he could format it but he did it while logged in instead of when the computer booted up. He then did something where it put temporary files on his computer for when he installed windows. The thing is with these files on the computer we can't format the HDD and that's what were trying to do. Does anyone know where to find these files?:confused:

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    You may be able to locate them by doing THIS:
    Start>>Run
    Type: %temp%
    OK
    That will bring up all your temporary files and you can look for the setup files and hopefully delete them there.
    Good Luck!
    :)

3. Cesar

Cesar Private E-2

I ran that but didn't find any windows set up files

4. Toni_1947

Hi again!
    Try running the 'Disk Cleanup Tool'
    Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>Disk Cleanup
    Cross yer fingers!

5. languy99

languy99 Corporal

why don't you use a utility to zero the drive, off hand i can't remember who makes one but someone will know.

6. Toni_1947

7. Cesar

Cesar Private E-2

Well I'm running the disk clean up on their computer right now but if that doesn't work what is this program right here?

8. Toni_1947

That sure oughta do the job!

9. Cesar

Cesar Private E-2

Thanks I'm going to have to use that

10. Cesar

Cesar Private E-2

Sorry to double post but I couldn't edit my last post

Ok I downloaded the file and put it on a cd but I don't know how to get it to work. Do I have to use a floppy disk? Also is there a certain way i have put it on the disc?

11. Toni_1947

12. Cesar

Cesar Private E-2

Thanks, it's formatting right now :D

13. Toni_1947

You're Welcome!
    Glad it worked out!

14. languy99

languy99 Corporal

thanks for finding a program Toni i had one a while ago but lost it. also its good that its working out for you Cesar, let us know how it goes, you can also use that program if you plan on selling the computer and want to be 100% sure that there is no personal info on the hard drive, then you just reinstall windows.

15. Cesar

Cesar Private E-2

Well I'm reinstalling windows now so all is smooth sailing from here

16. languy99

languy99 Corporal

good, i'm happy thats everything is good now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds