Temps and Programs to read them?

Discussion in 'Software' started by gamefreak863, Jul 20, 2007.

1. gamefreak863

gamefreak863 Private First Class

I've recently used nVidias nTune to OC my pc a bit...

its given me some decent results just using the Coarse Tuning...and I'm happy with this...but we have a slight problem.

nVidia's Monitor view shows my temps running 60-67 degrees...yet, using Everest Ultimate...my temps are showing up in the 40's which is funny..because OC'ed or not..my temps never really change much according to Everest..nothing special in this pc...stock cooling, stock everything.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I wondered that same thing a while back. This is the answer I got.
    About Everest. That has been known to give false readings on some PC's. I would try several to see which suits you. The app I use gives the readings to me backwards (mobo temp. is actually CPU temp.) And I have heard of others with the same prob. Don't know if it is reverse wiring or bad script in the apps.

3. gamefreak863

gamefreak863 Private First Class

yeah..I think I'm gettin rid of Everest then...because I've had Speedfan...and that did give me higher temp readings...which..haha...probably sounds weird that I'm looking for that...haha.

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

There is no way that you OC your comp,and your tempdoesn't rise.If you don't get some descent cooling you will fry your CPU.I can't OC my socket A CPU cos in Macedonia I can't buy Thermaltake with Panaflo fan.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds