Terminal Services session monitoring

Discussion in 'Software' started by hankyknot, Apr 7, 2009.

1. hankyknot

hankyknot Corporal

I have a Windows Sever 2003 running Terminal Services but for some reason cannot connect to sessions to see what the users see.

On my other Terminal Server if a user calls with a problem I can go to TS Manager and connect to their session and see what they see.

I cannot see where this option is enabled/disables so I'm currently stuck, unable to help users on one server but able to help those on the other.

Can someone please tell me where this setting is defined?

2. alpha202ej

alpha202ej Private E-2

TS settings for that can be found in computer management --> Local Users (or Active Directory depends which one you are using) --> Users

Right click on the user and go to the remote control tab and you will see the setting you have been looking for.

Best of Luck!

3. hankyknot

hankyknot Corporal

Alas no,

Logged onto the domain controller and all settings are as they should be. As I have one terminal server that can remote control its users and one that cant it would follow that it is a setting on the terminal server rather than in the user part of the active directory.

Any idea where that might be.

The bizarre thing is all this worked fine until a couple of months ago when after a set of updates some of the custom settings we set up 2 years ago when the server was buolt changed back to their defaults.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds