thanks to erunt

Discussion in 'Software' started by hawklord, Sep 22, 2006.

1. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi all, i recently had a problem with my printer ( it broke ) so i binned it and uninstalled the software in safe mode, but first i exported my registry - i have w2k pro - i then re-booted only to find i could not access the web, looking into my pc using msconfig i found most of my system had been stopped and could not be started, i tried to import the registry but it failed, tried a back up from ccleaner - failed, fearing the worst i remembered i had erunt

http://majorgeeks.com/Erunt_d1267.html

installed and running back-ups, tried the most recent and yippee it worked,
    so thanks to the makers and thanks to mg:)

hope this helps someone

w2k pro sp4 - celeron 3.2 - 512 ddr400 - 220 mixed hdd - radeon 9550

2. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

Erunt's saved my butt on a number of occasions.

Have a batch file which runs erunt at boot, so I don't even have to think of backing up the registry manually.

I do manual registry backups using erunt when I install or uninstall a program.

In my opinion, every computer should have erunt. Sure would save a lot of folks from a lot of headaches!

3. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

You don't need a batch file to run ERUNT automatically, it has the capability built in.

4. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

How do you run ERUNT automatically at boot? Didn't know it had this built in capability. Always willing to learn something new.

In metapad, I typed this command line:

AUTOBACK.EXE %SystemRoot%\ERDNT\#Date# /noprogresswindow /noconfirmdelete /days:7

Saved it as a .bat file in the ERUNT folder. Created a shortcut and placed this shortcut in the startup folder.

Backups are created in the %SystemRoot%\ERDNT folder.

I set the command line switch /days: to 7. Any backups older than 7 days are automatically deleted, this way I don't get a huge ERDNT folder taking up a lot of MB's on my hdd.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I also use ERUNT, probably weekly.
    I am interested in the auto backup feature.
    Must check it out.

Yesterday I searched my ERUNT folder and found lots of older backups, using megabytes, so deleted all but the latest.

Thanks guys for the prompter. Bazza

6. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi, i set my erunt to make back-ups every day on first boot up when i installed the programme, i keep the latest 7 and delete the oldest 7 every sunday when i do my house cleaning

7. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

Look in the documentation that comes with ERUNT, read the part about AUTOBACK.EXE. You do have to use command line switches to set it up, there's no GUI for it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds