1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zack Magee, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Zack Magee

Zack Magee Post-and-Run Geek

I screwed up today :/

I turn the sprinkler system on every other day, because we're all too lazy to configure the timer. So, its on for 30 seconds, and it shut off. I go downstairs and notice the sprinkler control panel's fuse was blown. I replace it with the spare, screen comes back on, everythings cool. I hit start for the zone, and the fuse blows, then the outlet explodes. I shut off the circuit breaker.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You got a short circuit somewhere.....could be a mouse ate the insulation off some wires. Been there.

Not sure why you think it is your fault, unless you replaced the fuse with a strip of aluminum foil. :major
  3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Better than a small piece of copper tubing.
  4. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Yeah, what Tim said, not your fault.