The Belarc Advisor

Discussion in 'Software' started by yellorowz, Aug 11, 2003.

1. yellorowz

yellorowz Private E-2

Hello all,

I would like to introduce you to a great little program that I have and do use. The information provided by the report that the Belarc Advisor will generate can be a lifesaver, as it has been for me at times.

The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile
    information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2003
  2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Belarc is OK, bit I prefer AIDA32. Belarc oftentimes just asks the Windows registry what devices are, which means if the wrong driver is installed (or a generic driver) you don't learn anything. AIDA asks the devices themselves. You can create HTML, MHTML, and a host of other file formats for reports.

Also has benchmarking and network load testing. AIDA16 is DOS-based and fits on a floppy, meaning you can run it from a boot disk.

Best of all: they're 100% free. For-profit companies have to register, but registration is also 100% free.

3. yellorowz

yellorowz Private E-2

Hey, GREAT PROGRAM with great functionality! Thank you!

4. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Just to back up da chicken, who needs no backing up, ...

Aida32 does a better job than my old Belarc ever did, is more complete, and is much more likely to be right when there are conflicting bits of evidence in the reg and in the box.

The latest version is new as of last week, I think. I'm not going to bother with a link, cuz you just have to type aida32.hu and you've got it.

5. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

its been here for ages.

I think its even mentioned in the "before you post" thread...

Follow the link and its 3rd down.......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds