The Best Way To Use Sms

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by JonahWales, Mar 4, 2017.

1. JonahWales

JonahWales Staff Sergeant

i dont know is it my cheap phone?when i take a picture on phone and try to send it in text it wont send.If i email it it will appear in email-IF i email to myself again and a sms phone number it will appear and be in sent box

is it just phones both of us are using are cheaper phones?

will it always work if i take out sd chip and copy it to hardrive then send it from computer?

why do people even use text anymore-just use email

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Sending pics by phone via SMS (it's called MMS) requires mobile data (internet) connection. They are not the same as text messages. You have to have multimedia enabled by your service provider and either pay for every pic message or have a monthly plan that includes them.
    Even the oldest mobile phones enabled pic messages via text.
    And sorry Jonah but it's the other way round > emails progressed to texts.

JonahWales likes this.
  3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Do you have the proper APN set up?

JonahWales likes this.
  4. JonahWales

I guesss ill have to google APN-IM stupid

5. JonahWales

I bet its more facebook /snapchat than texts

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It's in the data settings on your mobile phone. If you haven't got it to hand you can google for the User Manual with your exact phone brand name and model.
    You'd be surprised how many 100s of BILLIONS of texts are sent. It's often faster than Facebook or snapchat. Email is old hat now in terms of rapid communication.

7. JonahWales

I don't like to send short stuff when I got more to say-email or sms is better

8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

There's nothing 'stupid' about it. I knew nothing about APNs and such either until I went no contract and got my own phone.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/what-apn-and-how-do-i-change-it
    If you got your phone and cellular plan separately, there's a good chance you'll need to set up the phone's APN to the cellular provider's. If your phone and service are a package deal, they need to fix your phone or replace it. It should already be set up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds