The Coolest Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Techeads, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Techeads

Techeads Private E-2

The Best & Coolest computer case,
    can hold 1-4 chassis, from mini to mid-tower sizees.

Is to use a table top Refrigerator. (w/o freezer section) I cut an opening in the door, removed the door inner panel so the front of the computers are flush with the drives when closed.

OverClock 'till your heart can't take it.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks!:wave I think you will find out that a household fridge is not designed to cool things that constantly produce heat.

You really should post some picts and temps if you have done one.

3. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Geez Fred way to rain on his parade :p

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Techeads

Indeed, like FredG, would love to see some pics and some stats from the likes of Everest/Sandra on CPU Speed and Temps.

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I have seen many posts on this in the past. From what I recall, the HVAC folks say that the constant heat generated by the PC makes it not work. In your home fridge, you place slightly warm or room temperature food in the fridge, and it cools it to the temperature you have it set on. The items in the fridge get cold and don't produce sustained heat.

Now if you could insulate and port the vents of the PC to exit the fridge, you might have a more viable option.

If you get it to work, I am as stated, curious about temps, and the amount of electricity the fridge uses. :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds