The latest nvidia driver ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mondrawy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. mondrawy

mondrawy Private E-2

Have the people who tried out the latest nvidia driver (91.31) had any problems ? I'm looking into updating the drivers on several PCs so I wanna be sure to install the right thing so I don't have to redo everything all over again.

So are there any problems with that driver ? If yes then whats the newest but most stable driver to use ?

2. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

With video drivers, I always wait a couple of months. Those who rush in first, get to do all the trouble-shooting, for those of us who wait.:)
    A quick scan of the nVidia Forums, would indicate that there are problems with the 91.31 set. So, if everything is working for you now, waiting a while longer, is my best advice.

3. littlejohn1959

littlejohn1959 Private First Class

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html

heres the latest drivers .
    i have them loaded ..
    no problems so far with my xfx 7600 gt .
    cheers .

4. mondrawy

mondrawy Private E-2

Yep, thats why I was asking here. Looks like they've released another driver version too, I guess I'll wait and see how this one goes.

5. adh87

adh87 Private E-2

I actually reformatted my pc and unluckily updated my drivers to the 91.31. I wasn't too ashamed of it the first day or two because I was able to run EverQuest, Counter-Strike:Source, and watch movies on my machine. A couple weeks into it I was getting the worst problems trying to play other PC games. I just now updated it, and I've tested all the games that wouldn't work before. Everythings great, except now my resolution can only be at 1024x768 with 32 bit color. Thats as high as the resolution will go with that color choice so *shrug*

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds