The memory could not be written.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Seargeant, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Seargeant

Seargeant Private E-2

In the last few days every time I boot my OS I get a string of messages telling me:

The instruction at "0x0012e760" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written."

I have a vague concept of what this means... Something about whatever the 0x0012e760 application is trying to reference a point at 0x00000000 or a point that is set to zero and doesn't exist. Something about vectors. :) What I don't know is how to identify application 0x0012e760 or fix the problem.

I'm pretty sure that this is OS related, but if anyone wants the HT log, I'll post it on request.

Thanks for any help!

-Grady

2. Seargeant

Seargeant Private E-2

As an afterthought, here is my system info:

Windows XP Pro v# 5.1.2600
    ASUS P4P8X w/ Intel Celeron 4A and 1024 MB DDR RAM

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I think you are trying to get far too granular with the problem.

See if it happens in Safe Mode.

If it doesn't, use msconfig to disable startup items and enable them a few at a time, until you can narrow it down.

4. Seargeant

Seargeant Private E-2

Hmm... Fixed it, it was one of my grapics drivers... Thanks for the advice.

5. hammer1

hammer1 Private E-2

Hi
    I got the same message twice in the last six months but it fixed itself somehow.
    Could you tell me what you did in case I need it in the future....Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds