The mouse cursor shakes_hw or sw problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluenite, Jan 1, 2015.

1. bluenite

bluenite Private First Class

MS Explorer Mouse type 1362 (wireless/optical/with charger) after a year of trouble free operation decided to strike.
    The cursor moves with delays, sometimes slows down, doesn't track the path. At first I thought he has dirty sensor. I cleaned them, reinstalling the driver. Makes it both win7 and Win8 or xp on another pc. It seems, therefore, to a hardware error. I joined to test another similar (MS Explorer Touch Mouse), which does the same. Only the old wire, optical Logitech operating normally.
    Does anyone have a similar experience?
    Peter

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

So problem with two different wireless mice but a wired mouse works with no problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838398
    Resynchronize
    Change the USB port
    Check for interference (cordless phone)

3. bluenite

yes, right.
    Tried all of these options, resynchonized, different ports, different pcs
    ....interferences?: no cordless phone around, maybe wifi networks? they are a lot here (<10)

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There are other things that can interfere with the wireless signal of your mouse besides a cordless phone. (microwaves, baby monitors, garage door openers also operate in the 2.4GHz range)

Do you have anything new near the computers since this malfunction occurred?

5. bluenite

yeah, we have enough different wifi networks. We can solve it, I think from my side? Set another channel receiver for mice, etc.?
    Anyway, I found, too, that knocking cursor, not immediately but after some time when working with pc ...
    maybe it just depends on the operation of that transmitter, tv set or another router etc.
    it will be better to use old wire mouse.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds