The Sims Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Software' started by nickson2, Jun 15, 2004.

1. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

hiya again, yes you guessed it its me nicky... my son has just got the sims deluxe edition for his birthday and installed it on my pc, so i told him go and install it on his own, and this error is what he keeps getting....any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Try getting a registry cleaner from HERE

I recomend RegCleaner myself, and make sure you go to Tools, registry cleanup, do them all.

Did the installation fail the first time around, or is this a clean install? Ive seen problems on the net where old files remained on the machine. If its an old registry entry that cleaner should do the trick.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

if its not a clean install, you might want to get The Sims Eraser and make sure there is no remaining data from the previous version of the game. Then just do a clean install from scratch and you should be fine.

^^ That would be the EA support answer - trust me I've had more "support" from them than is healthy, and most of the time it gets nowhere! ^^

4. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

Thanx, i forgot to get back, but i had already tried regcleaner and then while surfin found another post on another site with exactly the same prob, so i followed their actions and it sorted it.....it was using the sims eraser.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds