There is still something hiding on my computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by suzyv98, May 18, 2008.

1. suzyv98

suzyv98 Private E-2

OK I have been a good listener, I have followed all the steps, but now I am so paranoid that I still think my computer is infected. I am attaching all the necessary logs. I was wondering if there was a place where I can learn what these logs mean.

Also, is there a better FREE firewall than Online armor?

Thanks in advance

Suzyv98

Attached Files:

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

The READ & RUN ME steps were supposed to be perfomed in normal boot mode. Your MGlogs.zip file shows you were in safe mode which is not as useful to us as a log from normal boot mode.

You need to attach the other logs requested in the READ & RUN ME
    • SUPERAntiSpyware
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    You log shows that you did not even install Malwarebytes. Also you did not uninstall all the old Sun Java versions and update to the current version as requested in step 1 of the READ ME. Did you skip any other steps?

Also you need to explain what malware problems you are having or were having that prompted you to run the READ & RUN ME.

Yes there are other free firewalls but Online Armor has been getting very high marks in reviews.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  3. suzyv98

suzyv98 Private E-2

Here are the new logs I didn't attach the superspyware on this post I will attach to the second post.

The reason I still suspect something deeper is the following:

**I cannot uninstall Java updates 2, 10, & 9 all others I have deleted.
    **Everytime I start my computer, It's like I just installed the online firewall, I go through the setup process everytime.
    **I had trouble running combofix it told me that I couldn't rename it to CF.exe I had to use a number I named it ACE.exe it worked the first time. I then had to delete it and redownload and rename it momma.exe then it worked.
    **I can't downlaod the newest windows updates
    ** I can't update my adobe acrobat from 6 to 8
    ** It just doesn't seem right, It seems I have a lot of processes running and I can't identify all of them YET.

Thanks for all your help

SuzyV

Attached Files:

4. suzyv98

suzyv98 Private E-2

Here is the last log. You guys have been great.

Thanks again.

Suzyv98

5. chaslang

You did not attach it.

6. chaslang

Not a malware problem. You have probably deleted the uninstall information. You could try using the below to uninstall them. It may or may not work:

Your Uninstaller! 2008

Not a malware problem. If it does not work for you then just uninstall it and use something else. See the ones list it the below link:

How to Protect yourself from malware!

Not a malware issue. Windows Update is frequently problematic.

Not a malware problem. Perhaps you need to uninstall the many versions of Adobe stuff you have installed and then just install the current versions. You have all of the below installed:
    Not a malware problem. It is all stuff you installed. If you don't need them then uninstall them.

Since none of your problems are due to malware, I'm going to move this thread to the Software Forum where you can continue to get support.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Also, for some people, Online Armor doesn't seem to remember the settings so you have to keep answering the same questions over and over. Since Online Armor isn't working for you, I'd recommend that you try Comodo firewall and see if that works better.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds