There's no PSU connector to fit System Fan Connector

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Denise_M, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi, it's me again.

I just puchased a new system fan. I installed it and and looked around for the PSU connector for it but there isn't one.

The fan has a large 4-pin female connector and the PSU has only 2 large 4-pin female connectors. By "large," I mean that it's about 3/4" wide with holes for pins much larger than those on all the other connectors.

Is there an adaptor so that both sides are male? Is this the correct way I should go?

Denise

2. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

This is a picture of what I need but this picture is for a 4-pin female and a 4-pin male. I need a 4-pin male to a 4-pin male, but I couldn't find one. I don't need the third thing that they're attached to either.

Attached Files:

3. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Hello, Denise

The picture you provided is what you need. Just unplug the 4-pin male power connector from your CD/DVD drive (or hard-disk drive), and then plug it into the female end of the splitter you had pictured. Then plug one of the male ends back into your CD/DVD drive (or hard-drive) and plug the other male end into the female connector on the fan.

That should do it, if I understand correctly. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  4. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I don't understand. If I unplugged the 4-pin male power connector from my DVD drive and plugged it into the female connector on the splitter, I'd have 1 free male connector on the splitter left. Where would the 2nd male end be?

Denise

5. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Hi, Denise

I must have misunderstood your photo - it looked like a standard splitter, which has a female end with two male ends coming out of it . . . you would plug a male connector into the female - and then you would end up with two male ends; one to put back in the device you unplugged, and one left over to plug into the female fan connector.

Below is the kind of splitter that would take care of your fan problem (which I thought your photo was) a female connector with two male connectors coming out of it. Some of them also have the standard floppy drive plug, which would solve your other posted problem - but I've not seen one for a while. :)

Sorry I wasn't able to help

Natakel

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  6. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi Natakel,

I was also looking for an adapter/splitter for my FDD in another post. Studiot help me with the cables and plugs for the FDD and for the system fan also.

You were able to help, Natakel. I learn something everytime I post a thread.

Denise

Denise

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds