Thermalright Thermal Paste

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ASUS, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I just bought a Thermalright XP-90 Heatsink, only $24.95 plus shipping.
    Just woundering is the Thermalright Thermal paste that came with the HS is any good??

I read one rewiew that it was right there with Artic Silver 5 & Artic Ceramic
    Ceramic being the best.
    Any comments on the subject?
    I'll probably use Ceramic but was just woundering.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

i'v just bought the xp-90c,I was wondering the same thing,I doubt it,is this the same paste you got?It looks like standard silicone paste to me,It dont have any ingredients on,as you can see on the pic theres also alot of seperation,the stuff I got with my artic cooling nv5 seemed pretty good stuff it had micronised silver and oxide in,the same colour but alot thinner than arctic silver 5,which I have just tried,but imho as5 seems too thick.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Same stuff came with my XP-90
    I've seen separation on Artic ceramic on the first bit out of the tube may have something to do with shelf life or storage temp.
    Here's the link with the review:
    http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles.php?id=22

Who know's if they used the same Thermalright paste, it doesnt show it in thier picture.

I'll stick to my Ceramic for now.
    Probably test this Thermalright stuff latter on another PC.

What fan are ya using on your XP-90c, I got a panaflow H1B, 56.8 cfm going to try first & at local PC store I found a Thermaltake UFO, 82.1 cfm on clearance shelf for $4

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Oh! I Like this new XP-90.
    Using on P4 3.0E so far Max CPU temp 39c, Idel is 30c, MOBO 25c
    The Panaflow fan is nice too, Way Quieter than the stock CPU fan & is almost 10c cooler, not even burnt in yet.
    A well spent $25

5. Rikky

At the moment none I'm still modding my case,but to start off with I'm using the fan that came with my akasa ak_859 its only 80mm,I'm looking for a 92mm fan that is high flow and transparent,or close to transparent like this one,Its about 60cfm at full speed,but with a noise payoff of over 40 decibels so I wont be turning it up

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65752

6. Nexus888

Nexus888 Private E-2

Artic Silver 5 works for me, anything is better than stuff that comes with the cooler.

Just make sure you don't use too much.

7. Rikky

I just the heatpaste roundup you posted,"dunno how I missed it,too excited talking about my xp-90c me thinks",most of the "honest" tests end up like this all within a degree,basically the heat is transfered well by any liquid,I saw one guy use water,toothepaste and vegimite/marmite and achieve the same results as as5,its the 200 hour 5 degrees drop break in period I'm interested in when using as5,It has different particle sizes of silver that settle after a while for maximum heat transfer,so only time will tell before I can give my verdict!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds