Thermaltake 12cm Big Water SE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrianBakerOrlando, Jan 7, 2006.

1. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

To anyone looking to squeeze a little more out of your system,and are thinking of going liquid to cool your rig down.I would like to throw a suggestion out to ya..I just purchased a Thermaltake 12cm Big Water SE CPU cooler,and i have to say,i didnt know liquid would make such a dramatic decrease in temperature,idle is only down about 3-4 degrees,but at load im easily 15-20c below what i was with my Heatpipe set-up...Is this common with liquid cooling? if so i may want to upgrade the Pump and get some video card water blocks and cool more than my CPU..Is this possible? or am i stuck with just the CPU being cooled? And would i need a bigger radiator? any info would be great.Thx

2. textim01

textim01 Private E-2

I just built my first comp, (AMD 4800+,a8n premium,2mb coarsair,and only 1 7800gt for now.I like to tinker so after reading some post here and elsewhere,i wanted to see how low i coud get my temps,they were ok i think to start at cpu-34 idle mb-34 idle vga-48-idle.I so put in the bigwater se.then they went to cpu-25c mb- 30 vga-44,and i noticed that they drop fast too.then i made a vent with 1 120mm fan at one end and 2 at the computer end,1 in front of radiator and 1 behind all pulling in air from outside.This gave me cpu-10c mb-22c and vga-36c.I plan on putting the vent box over the aircondition vent in summer,o first i need to learn how to overclock lol.Also if i wanted to add a vga water block,could or should i tie it in with bigwater,or just have a second pump and radiatior? Thanks,Tim

3. BrianBakerOrlando

Happy to see someone else is getting results out of this product,its awsome isnt it...Well heres a little more info on what i got going on.1st and foremost i have a P4 Prescott so water cooling is a great way for me to go to kool this damn thing down when over clocking.
    Average Temps at stock speeds with stock cooling my system was 37c idle,and 49-55c with a load...when OC'ed my temps were 48c idle and a whopping 74c with a load in games(thank god Prescotts have a 85c threshold).
    And Now with My BigWater set up stock speeds i idle 27c idle 39c load(couldnt believe my eyes,its a frickin Prescott).But im not to Kean with stock speeds so i went for my 27% whole system Increase(no bottle necking here).i am now at a 1015Mhz FSB and Core speed of 3.8Ghz. Temps at this speed are 37c Idle 52c load....
    I found it better to install the Radiator outside of the case pulling air out of the radiator(better to pull air out then push air in through the radiator and into my case) SO as you can tell im wicked excited to play games and encode movies and not border the 80c mark...I have always been a H/S fan guy,But i have been converted to H2O baby...Time to get a water block for my NorthBridge and my Video card now,and upgrade the Radiator....

Jesus i wrote a damn book,Sorry....

4. neotek

neotek Private E-2

i have an amd x2 4800+ with a bigwater se as well.
    my cpu idles at 41 °C (no oc ing a t all) , so i think i must have done something wrong when i see ur temperatures. any suggestions?

cheers

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

What are ya reading your temps off? EVEREST or some other app? Temp readings are amazing for you all but what is your monitoring app so comparitive assessments can be made realiably

6. BrianBakerOrlando

neotek, did you follow the steps when assembleingim sure you did but i have to ask)? Lets see,umm thermal grease,did u add it? and also did you make sure the block is secure to the mobo tightly?Use all the bracketts that came with it and tighten real good..i tightened the hell out of mine,i dont reconmend it to tight but i tightened it a ton it kinda put a bend in my mobo,but thats as far as i went(try at your own risk)..And do you have the proper flow? should go from the RESI TO THE PUMP TO THE BLOCK FROM THE BLOCK TO THE RADIATOR THEN FROM THE RADIATOR BACK TO THE RESI...if u added extra blocks or pumps let me know and i can help you more...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds