Thinkpad 43r9255 X200 Series 9 Cell Li-ion Battery Compatiblity To The Fru42t4837/asm42t4836?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pvb4ce, Sep 2, 2016.

1. pvb4ce

pvb4ce Private E-2

Is the ThinkPad 43R9255 X200 Series 9 Cell Li-Ion Battery compatible to the FRU42T4837/ASM42T4836?

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X201 that I want a replacement battery for.

The current battery is an 11.1 V 5.6AH 63 WH 47+. There are plenty of batteries listed on Newegg, Amazon etc Online but I'm finding that there is a lack of xref to the FRU42T4837.

Several are listed at 10.8V 4.4AH but those seem to be less hearty and not being an electrical engineer I'm not certain they would be sufficient to run the X201?

I found this battery and want to know if it is going to be compatible with the X201 for my needs. I'm looking for a battery with a long enough charge life to use while flying across the country for 5-6 hrs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=Lenovo_X201_Battery-_-34-995-680-_-Product

Any help/advise will be appreciated.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

The 10.8V 4.4AH battery you talk about won't work because of lower output.

The best way to get a battery for your Thinkpad X201 is to go to the Lenovo support site, enter whichever number they ask for and go to parts and accessories. Lenovo may offer extended batteries for your particular machine which you can then be sure will work.

3. pvb4ce

pvb4ce Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds