Thinkpad 770 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fire-medic8104, Sep 18, 2007.

1. fire-medic8104

fire-medic8104 Private E-2

I have an older thinkpad 770 that I purchased off of ebay. I am using one for programming purposes and has to be an slower laptop. The one I had would not boot a majority of the time and would just click and stop loading.

The person I bought this from said that it worked fine, they tried to update the memory by installing 2 128mb memory sticks and then it stopped working. Like the bios is missing.

When I turn it on I get nothing on the screen. The little screen above the keyboard shows the battery status and the speaker icon blinks. You can hear the speaker pop when you hit the battery button but nothing else works. I tried to update the bios, but I can't get it to boot from the floppy to update it.

Anyone run into this problem before?

2. fire-medic8104

fire-medic8104 Private E-2

Forgot to include I have tried removing the memory sticks and removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery. No luck with either.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds