Thinkpad I series 1200 cant access web

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kpatrickm, Aug 9, 2007.

1. kpatrickm

kpatrickm Private E-2

Hello,
    Ok I just did a repair on this things power jack.So I want to connect it to the web via NTL broadband,I already have ntl broadband on my desktop PC(Using the broadband modem NTL:Home 100).I am just removing the ethernet connection from the back of my PC and connecting it to the port at the back of the laptop but I cant connect to the web.Im not sure what ethernet adapter is installed in the laptop(if any)but I assume there is or there would be no connection for it.Right?.when I go to device manager under network adapters it says Dial-up Adapter + TV Data Adapter.so maybe I need to install drivers for the ethernet adapter,but I dont know which one it is.Im running Windows ME.Could it be that I need to disable the inbuilt modem first?.I reall would appreciate some help on this.Cheers.

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you the Mobo disc as the driver for your ethernet will be on there.. As you say with NTL BB you can just unplug from one com to and attach to another.. If no disc go to Mobo site and DL the driver from there .. On MG here there is a free piece of software named 'Everest Home Edition' install and this should give you the link to mobo site..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds