thinkpad monitor goes to crosshatch pattern

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by romeofay, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romeofay

romeofay Private E-2

I think that maybe i have a cable problem with my thinkpad. the hinges are broken and sometimes the screen goes to a crosshatch like pattern until i mess with the wires. two questions: can the hinges be replaced?(the case is missing some plastic part) and secondly, what about the cable connectors? are they replacable?

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

i doubt the hinges can be replaced unless you send the laptop in for repairs, or unless you can somehow get some epoxy and some spare plastic and ghetto-rig it back together.

don't know about cable connectors, though. it really depends on how the motherboard manufacturer did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds