This computer is in use and has been locked when I try to start program

Discussion in 'Software' started by cdob, Mar 24, 2011.

1. cdob

cdob Private E-2

I use Wincustomize and have for years. Tonight I noticed my logon screen wasn't loading when I went to load it it tells me This computer is in use and has been locked and I need to type in a password... I don't have a password set so it wont let me do anything.. what have I done?

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Did you try leaving the password field blank when you logged on?

3. cdob

cdob Private E-2

I don't log on but when this popped up I did try that, leaving the password field blank, it shuts down the program. I have using avg PC tune up, so I am wondering if I tweaked something wrong

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Kinda confusing. We assume that the computer you are using to reply to us, is working, and the computer with the problem, is the one we are dealing with?

What program are ye using to logon?

5. cdob

cdob Private E-2

I use a program called LogonStudio which lets you customize your logon screen and one called BootSkin to customize my boot screen. they have been disabled somehow. When I try to apply start the program I get the computer is in use and locked screen asking for a password to unlock it I do not have a password as I am the only one to use my computer, so it wont let me do anything with these programs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds