This Device Cannot Start (Code 10) - Ethernet Adapter

Discussion in 'Software' started by ShinjiIkari, Aug 25, 2007.

1. ShinjiIkari

ShinjiIkari Private E-2

Hey all.
    I've read the other threads for this, but they seem to be for different pieces of hardware.

So I upgraded to a new Intel Mobo - an Intel D865GBF - and somehow, I overlooked the fact that it didn't have an onboard LAN or Ethernet controller. So, no biggy, I just bought a cheap Realtek 8139D Ethernet Controller card.
    I turned on the PC, everything was detected except for the 8139D Ethernet Controller card. I search for all sorts of drivers - i've probably searched and installed about 50 drivers; all from different sites...still no luck.

I tested the card on this PC and it works fine. Now i'm looking into the actual configurations and settings of the new PC and don't find anything out of the ordinary.

So yeah...any help?

Note - I thought it was the BIOS that may have been messing with me, so I decided to upgrade it to the most up-to-date and still, nothing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds