This is driving me insane! Please help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wgarcia, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Wgarcia

Wgarcia Private E-2

I've still having an issue with this.. I've finally provided a screenshot of what my issue is.
    When I asked about this before, the direction given was to change my clock. My clock is correct and I've synced to all three choices in my drop down menu and nothing has changed.. So I'm going to rule that out.
    I've been searching for a solution to this for months now. I've seen other people with the same issue but it seems nobody has been able to provide help.

Almost every time I try and go to a website, I get this screen
    [​IMG]

Some people suggest that this means the SSL on my computer are out of date and tell me to go into my registry and alter items in there. I've followed those guides 100% until I reach a certain point.. I'm supposed to right click my certificates and click "renew". On most of my certificates, this option is dimmed out and I cannot click it. On the certificates that have the option available, after I click it I get a message that says the certificate author cannot be verified and nothing happens.

When I first pulled this old machine out of the closet I couldn't even get it to turn on. Then one day, I tried and it worked, but I couldn't get passed the BIOS screen and everything read like "January 1, 1881" or something ridiculous like that. I opened the tower and replaced the battery on the bios, set the date and time. This is where I am now.

This machine is just something to use while I'm building a new rig. I just can't afford to do it all at once, so it will be some time before I have all my pieces ready to go.

Windows XP Professional
    SP3
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz
    2.0 GB RAM
    Intel 8291G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

PS: I was also told this is because I am running XP. I have another computer with XP that has no issues loading pages whatsoever. I don't use it because its extremely slow.

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Wgarcia...

I wonder if this has to do with MS not updating the certificates anymore with Windows Updates in XP. I recall there being some updates that I think were related to that before updates were shut down.

Since you aren't having the issue on the other PC, maybe the settings in your browser are different. Are you using the same browser on both. Looks like you are using Chrome on this PC, is that correct?

One more question. Is this a site you have visited or have used frequently in the past?

3. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

Do you have an Anti-virus program and if so what is it? I had a similar problem and turned out to be Avast. I uninstalled it and the problem disappeared. I now use Avira and had no more issues. One of the fixes suggested was to replace the CMOS battery but this didn't help either.
    Hopefully this might help, I understand your pain, it took me hours to find out what the answer was.

By the way, it also happened when I tried using Chrome instead of Internet Explorer.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  4. Wgarcia

Wgarcia Private E-2

When I pulled this computer out, it had an outdated copy of Norton on it. I've gotten rid of that and now I just run Stinger, Malware Bytes, and CCleaner every Monday. Typically I use Eset, because its pretty low profile when it comes to RAM and I'm a gamer.

5. Wgarcia

Wgarcia Private E-2

Yeah, I'm using Chrome on both machines. I've chosen "default settings" on both to try and help rule something out as well.

I didn't frequent this site that much, I was just using it to show an example that included the "Proceed Anyway" (Or whatever it says). On a couple sites that I was on everyday, Facebook for example, there is not even an option to proceed.

6. Wgarcia

Wgarcia Private E-2

Thank both of you so far for trying to help me out with this!!

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Check the date and time on your computer.

8. Wgarcia

Wgarcia Private E-2

Original Post

9. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

It still looks like a time problem. As this is an old computer have you renewed the CR2032 battery?

EDIT - sorry, you have already covered that :-o

10. Wgarcia

Wgarcia Private E-2

Yes :(

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Oops, sorry!

Drive by posting without reading.

12. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds